Maine is the home of lobster, blueberries and yes, great Homemade Marshmallows as you will see in this fantastic recipe. Perfect for making S’Mores or topping a cup of hot cocoa. Almost the same as sold at Chisholm’s Candy Shoppe in Rockport.
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups water, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In heavy saucepan, combine granulated sugar and 3/4 cup water. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 238 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Remove sugar from heat and stir in gelatin.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl. Beat until thick and white. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and salt.
- Spread in 9-inch square pan. Cool, uncovered, until firm. Use wet knife to cut into squares. Dust lightly with more confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Artichokes Jewish Style (Carciofi alla Giudia) is more than a side dish, and may be a vegetarian mai...
Fondue Vaudoise is a delicious, original recipe for fondue coming directly from Switzerland, where f...
A unique crust adds a great flavor and superb texture in Almond-Crusted Chicken Wings. The dipping ...
Home of the fabled city of Samarkand, of Bukharan rugs and beautiful, almond eyed women said to be s...