Maine is the home of lobster, blueberries and yes, great Homemade Marshmallows as you will see in this fantastic recipe. Perfect for making S’Mores or topping a cup of hot cocoa. Almost the same as sold at Chisholm’s Candy Shoppe in Rockport.
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups water, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In heavy saucepan, combine granulated sugar and 3/4 cup water. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 238 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Remove sugar from heat and stir in gelatin.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl. Beat until thick and white. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and salt.
- Spread in 9-inch square pan. Cool, uncovered, until firm. Use wet knife to cut into squares. Dust lightly with more confectioners’ sugar if desired.
In celebration of Mexico's holiday, Bread for Day of the Dead is often shaped into skulls or round l...
A unique version of Eggs Benedict, combining tomato, shrimp and salmon with the sultry taste of rich...
Lemon Tagliatelle is a Greek pasta recipe with a tangy freshness that can't be beaten. It is a great...
When it comes to steaks, the simplest preparation is always the best. Balsamic Steak is simple, but ...