Exceptionally delicious flavors come from this rich quesadilla combining the perfect pairing of shrimp and avocado with salsa and aromatic garlic. Simply superb eating and ideal for lunch or dinner.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 8 flour tortillas (burrito-size)
- 1 pound shredded Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 1 large firm ripe avocado; halved, sliced
- 1 pound peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 2 ripe tomatoes; chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions; minced
- seasoned salt
- fresh tomato salsa; for serving
- Melt about 1 teaspoon butter in large skillet with some garlic over medium heat; add 1 tortilla and lightly brown bottom, 1 minute. Flip tortilla, then scatter 1/4 cup cheese over half of tortilla; then place 2 slices avocado, 4 or 5 shrimp, some chopped tomato and green onions in single layer on top of cheese. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Spread 1/4 cup more cheese on top of mixture, then fold tortilla over.
- Toast both sides until cheese is melted and quesadilla becomes golden brown, 1 minute. Remove from skillet, cut into triangles or quarters. Repeat with remaining tortillas until all quesadillas are made. Serve with salsa.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Each serving: 423 calories; 676 mg sodium; 173 mg cholesterol; 28 grams fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 28 grams protein; 0.56 gram fiber.