Make this fun cake for any holiday or occasion. Great for birthdays or anniversaries. Be creative with ice cream colors and flavors.
Holiday Ice Cream Cake
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Cakes
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 containers ice cream
- 9 candy bars (50g)
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreo)
- 1/4 Cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Three shades of ice cream give a dramatic effect n a luscious and easy to make dessert that's great for kids of all ages. WE used chocolate,strawberry and vanilla, but why not choose your own favorite flavors? Add a variety of crispy, caramel, chocolate and peanut butter flavored candy bars.
- In top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate,cream and corn syrup, whicking until smooth; let cool. Let ice cream soften at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cover 10 inch cardboard circle with waxed paper and place in 11 inch springform pan. Chop candy bars and cookies. Spread 1 container of ice cream over bottom. Sprinkle with half of the candy bars and cookies. Drizzle with 1/2 cups of the sauce. Repeat layers. Spread third container of ice cream on top; drizzle with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze for at least 3 hours. (Cake can be removed from pan, wrapped well and frozen for up to one month.) Let soften in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 16-20 servings.