Our favorite cranberry side dish for Thanksgiving, the rich flavors of this dish are surprisingly refreshing. Try it for your holiday table.
Holiday Cranberry Chutney
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Condiments
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 bag; (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1 large cooking apple; peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until apple is tender and mixture thickens. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or as a condiment with pork, ham or chicken.