Herbed Trout with Sour Cream
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 4 trout fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 Cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 pinch chervil
- 1/4 Cup soft bread crumbs; buttered
- 1 pinch tarragon
- salt and pepper
- Rinse fillets, pat dry with paper towels and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grease four pieces of heavy aluminum foil. Place a trout fillet on each.
- Melt butter and saute onion 2 minutes. Add wine, parsley, chervil and tarragon. Divide mixture evenly over each trout.
- Wrap tightly and place packages on a raised rack in a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Carefully open packages and gently remove the fillets and topping, allowing the liquid to drain away.
- Remove the racks, discard any liquid remaining in the baking pan and return the fillets to the pan.
- Spread 1/4 of sour cream over each trout fillet and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Broil until lightly browned.
- Serve with baked potatoes, broccoli laced with sugar and lemon and your favorite dinner rolls.
- Serves 4
Adapted from a recipe in "Canadian Fish... a Good Catch!", Fisheries and Oceans Canada, 1980