Herbed Salmon in Foil is a simple, delicious, flavorful way of preparing this tasty seafood with minimal effort and maximum results.
Herbed Salmon in Foil
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped shallots divided
- 8 sprigs fresh dill or basil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice divided
- 8 fresh sorrel leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Cut 4 (18 x 12 inch) pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Light coat dull side of each foil square with cooking spray.
- Center a dill sprig and a sorrel leaf on lower half of foil. Top with salmon.
- Place another dill sprig and sorrel leaf on top of the fillet.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped shallots, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice and a pinch of pepper.
- Repeat procedure with remaining fillets.
- Fold upper half of foil over fillets, meeting bottom edges of foil. Seal edges together making a 1/2 inch fold. Fold again.
- Allow space for heat circulation and expansion. Repeat to seal each side.
- Place foil packets on a baking sheet then bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes. Cut a vent in the top of each packet and fold foil back. Spoon salmon and herbs onto warm plates.