The simple pleasures of Herbed Potato Galette with Boursin pair perfectly with filet mignon, roasts or meat loaf. Simple and superb.
Herbed Potato Galette with Boursin
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 baked or boiled potatoes; peeled
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 Cup butter; melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 packages crumbled Boursin cheese (5.2 ounce)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley; for garnish
- 1 dollop sour cream
- Slice potatoes crosswise into slices as thin as possible without potatoes breaking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and 1/2 melted butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat until hot but not smoking, about 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place potatoes in skillet, starting at edge. Overlap potatoes in spiral design to center. Top with thyme, sage and remaining butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees until underside is browned and crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes, then invert onto serving platter.
- Top with crumbled cheese, a dollop of sour cream and parsley.
- Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
Serving size: each serving Calories: 559 Fat: 36 g Carbohydrates: 52 g Sodium: 437 mg Fiber: 1.50 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 83 mg