There are many who prefer not to cook a whole turkey for the holidays, making Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast a perfect solution. Simple preparation makes the flavors stand out. Extraordinary!
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 (5 to 6-pound) fresh or frozen whole; turkey breast, thawed
- 1 medium onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine rosemary, sage, thyme and marjoram. Pull skin away from turkey breast, leaving attached at neck. If necessary, use sharp knife to loosen connecting membrane.
- Rub herb mixture evenly over turkey breast. Replace skin over breast, tucking under bottom of breast.
- Place breast, skin side up, on rack in roasting pan.
- Place onion and garlic inside neck opening. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of breast muscle so that tip does not touch bone.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F. for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 to 170 degrees F. and juices run clear.
In summertime, a perfect ending to a glorious meal is found in the luxurious delight of Ice Cream wi...
Thomas Jefferson's Sweet Potato Biscuits are an historic, incredible treat that affords the best Ame...
A delightful salad with apples, walnuts and blue cheese, Insalata Gorgonzola is a great choice in co...
The flavors of Matzo Ball Soup are of Biblical proportion, and this recipe yields a heaven-sent resu...