A perfect roast for holidays or just a Sunday meal with family or friends, Herb-Crusted Roast Beef Strip Loin of Beef is best served with natural juices or Sauce au Jus.
- 1 strip loin of beef, natural juices, trimmed
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1/2 Cups Dijon mustard
- 2 Cups plain breadcrumbs, dry
- 1/2 Cup assorted chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, parsley or any combination)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a foil tent and place it over the strip loin of beef in a roasting pan with natural juices.
- Roast the beef for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove foil and turn the roast over. Replace the foil. Continue roasting for another 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees F. Cook for an additional 25 to 35 minutes before the next step.
- Meanwhile, combine the white wine and mustard, whisk until smooth.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and herbs.
- With 20 minutes of roasting time remaining, remove the roast from the oven and discard the foil tent, and turn the roast again; brush the roast with the Dijon mustard mixture, and then sprinkle on the breadcrumb mixture, completely covering the top exterior of the roast.
- Finish roasting until a golden brown aromatic crust is formed.
An inscrutably delicious, yet complex recipe, Chinese American Thanksgiving Turkey yields impeccable...
One of the most interesting of its genre, Cream of Sweet Potato Soup exemplifies the glories of Sout...
President Tyler's Puddin' Pies are delightful, sweet and luscious tartlets from a 19th Century White...
Prince Edward Island Mussels with Fennel-Saffron Broth brings together delicious Provençal flavors i...