A perfect roast for holidays or just a Sunday meal with family or friends, Herb-Crusted Roast Beef Strip Loin of Beef is best served with natural juices or Sauce au Jus.
- 1 strip loin of beef, natural juices, trimmed
- 2 ounces dry white wine
- 1/2 Cups Dijon mustard
- 2 Cups plain breadcrumbs, dry
- 1/2 Cup assorted chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, parsley or any combination)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make a foil tent and place it over the strip loin of beef in a roasting pan with natural juices.
- Roast the beef for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, remove foil and turn the roast over. Replace the foil. Continue roasting for another 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350 degrees F. Cook for an additional 25 to 35 minutes before the next step.
- Meanwhile, combine the white wine and mustard, whisk until smooth.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and herbs.
- With 20 minutes of roasting time remaining, remove the roast from the oven and discard the foil tent, and turn the roast again; brush the roast with the Dijon mustard mixture, and then sprinkle on the breadcrumb mixture, completely covering the top exterior of the roast.
- Finish roasting until a golden brown aromatic crust is formed.
For an extraordinary dish of comfort food, perfect for Spring, try Creamed Chicken and Biscuits. Sup...
Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a delicious and moist cake that may be served sliced on its own, or used ...
Roast Squab Stuffed with Apple Forcemeat on Mustard Mashed is an extraordinary main course that is f...
A staple of Autumn food preservation for Winter, Apple Butter is a delectable spread, perfect on toa...