A mixture of herbs, garlic and breadcrumbs make the perfect Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb. Serve with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb
Author: Mayi Brady
Recipe type: Main Course
- 1 Cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme or parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lamb rack (about 2 pounds); bones Frenched
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat, then add the bread-crumb mixture and cook, stirring until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Season the lamb and place it meaty-side up in a small roasting pan. Roast for 10 minutes, them remove it from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Pat the bread-crumb mixture onto the meaty side of the rack of lamb and return to the oven. Cook until the lamb registers 135 degrees on a meat thermometer for medium-rare, about 10 to 15 minutes. Slice into chops and serve.
Serving size: 2 ribs Calories: 510 Fat: 36 g Saturated fat: 16 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Fiber: 0.34 g Protein: 37 g Cholesterol: 153 mg