A delicious accompaniment with your meal, Herb-Cheese Biscuits are crisp, light and flavorful. Perfect with gravy with your morning eggs.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breads and Rolls
- 3 1/2 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups buttermilk
- flour for dusting, as needed
- egg wash, as needed
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter and work into flour mixture with pastry blender or food processor.
- Stir in cheese, green onions and parsley. Add 1 1/4 cups buttermilk and mix lightly, adding remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk in 1 Tbsp. increments as needed until dough adheres together.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; form ball and roll out to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Brush biscuits with egg wash and bake at 425 degrees F 12 to 15 minutes, or until browned.