Heidelberg Meat Loaf
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Cup beer or bouillon; any brand
- 1/4 Cup onion; chopped, 1 small
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed; optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices rye bread; torn up
- 1 egg; large
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches. Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on a heated platter.