This recipe lives up to its name and truly is heavenly. Light and airy, this chocolate cheesecake will put a smile on the most difficult on the most difficult to please at your table. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream and optional chocolate shavings.
- 2 Cups vanilla wafers; crushed fine
- 1 Cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/2 Cup butter; melted
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 package envelope unflavored gelatin
- 16 ounces cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream; whipped
- garnishes *
- * Garnishes to include whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional). In large bowl, combine vanilla waver crumbs, almonds, butter and sugar; mix well. Pat firmly into 9 inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides. Set aside.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour milk into small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and melted chocolate chips; beat until fluffy.
- Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan.
- Chill until firm (about 3 hours). Run knife around edge of cake to separate from pan; remove rim.
Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.