Hawaiian Roast Pork
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Pork
- 1 pork shoulder roast (3 pounds) boneless (Boston butt)
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke seasoning
- 1) Cut pork roast in half length wise and place the halves in a large plastic bag.
- Combine the soy sauce and the liquid smoke and add to the pork in the plastic bag. Press out the air, tie the top securely, and turn over several times to coat pieces well. Refrigerate for 8 hours or over night, turning occasionally. *Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove pork from the marinade and place in a shallow baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and, bake for 30 minutes.
- Discard the foil, turn the meat and bake for one hour more, or until a meat thermometer (inserted into the thickest part) registers at 170 degrees.
- Cut across the grain into thin slices and serve.