Okay, so food shaped like pineapples are kitsch and so 1960’s, but no matter how you shape it, this is a delicious pate worthy of at least a try.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 1/2 Cups butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers, cut up
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 Cup Brandy
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- sliced stuffed olives
- fresh pineapple top
- In a large skillet heat 1 cup butter and saute onion until golden. Add chicken livers and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sherry, seasonings. garlic and 1/2 cup broth. Cook 5 minutes.
- Puree mixture in blender. Add 1/4 cup broth and gelatin to mixture and puree. Melt remaining butter and blend into puree with brandy. Stir in walnuts with a fork.
- Chill overnight in refrigerator. Shape mixture with hands into pineapple shape.
- Decorate "pineapple" with sliced stuffed olives and cap with a fresh pineapple top. Serve with crackers.