Deriving its name from Hasselbacken, the Stockholm restaurant where Hasselback Potatoes were first created. The seasoned potatoes turn out crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- 12 long Russet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt, finely ground
- Wash the potatoes. Do not peel.
- Cut in thin slices without cutting through, the potato should remain whole at the bottom. If really large potatoes are used, cut in halves lengthwise and place cut side down before slicing.
- Put the potatoes sliced side up in a well buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and dot with butter.
- Bake in a 450 degrees F/225 degrees C oven for about 40 minutes.