Hash Brown Casserole
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Casseroles
- 1 pound bag thawed frozen hash brown potatoes, or
- 2 1/2 pounds pared potatoes cooked and sliced into 1/4 chunks
- 1 Cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 4 1/2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 Cup melted butter
- 3 ounces cornflakes, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- in a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, sour cream, cheese and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Stir gently until well combined. Spread evenly into prepared dish.
- in a small bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle evenly over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, until bubbling and lightly browned, about 50 minutes.
Serving: (about 1 cup) provides 1 fat, 1/2 protein, 1 Bread, 30 calories. Per serving: 197 calories, 8 gm protein; 23 gm carbo; 8 gm fat; 253 mg sodium; 12 mg chol; 0 gm fiber.