It is difficult, if not impossible to resist the seductive powers of Hamantaschen. They’re exceptionally tasty confections. We particularly love them filled with fig jam, poppyseed or raspberry.
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 jar favorite jam, prune or poppy seed filling (or homemade, if available)
- 1/4 Cup chopped nuts
- sugar and cinnamon
- Cream the margarine and sugar.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to butter and sugar mixture. Mix well. Add the eggs, orange juice and vanilla.
- Knead until dough forms and divide into 6 sections. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Roll out sections on a floured board. Use a glass as a cutter for forming circles for the hamantashen shape.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the center of each circle and fold into a triangle by pinching the edges together.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For a delightful breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, try Crempog Geirch. These tasty oatmeal pancak...
The mildness of Cauliflower and Cheese partners exceptionally well with a variety of cheeses, partic...
The most extraordinary flavor and aroma come from Pear Tart with Frangipane, a most delectable tart....
Fusilli with Pork Ragu, those little, twisted noodles are a delightful asset; their curls holding ti...