It is difficult, if not impossible to resist the seductive powers of Hamantaschen. They’re exceptionally tasty confections. We particularly love them filled with fig jam, poppyseed or raspberry.
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1/4 Cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 jar favorite jam, prune or poppy seed filling (or homemade, if available)
- 1/4 Cup chopped nuts
- sugar and cinnamon
- Cream the margarine and sugar.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to butter and sugar mixture. Mix well. Add the eggs, orange juice and vanilla.
- Knead until dough forms and divide into 6 sections. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Roll out sections on a floured board. Use a glass as a cutter for forming circles for the hamantashen shape.
- Place a teaspoon of filling into the center of each circle and fold into a triangle by pinching the edges together.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Original Shortbread Trefoils are the genuine recipe for the delicious cookies sold by the Girl Scout...
An incredibly pleasant accompaniment for coffee or tea, Almond, Lemon, and Anise Biscotti are a Neap...
For a delicious, healthy side dish, make some Baked Sweet Potato Fries today. Their sweet, crunchy g...
Fettuccine Alfredo is a traditional Roman, Italian pasta course or main meal. One of the most famous...