Hamaguri Sakami (Sake Seasoned Clams)
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 12 Littleneck clams or cockles
- 3 Tablespoons sake
- 6 thin slices of lemon
- 1 1/2 pints boiling water
- 1 pinch Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
- PREPARE IN ADVANCE: Have clams shelled, save shells. Discard shallow halves, scrub the deep halves.
- Drop the shells into boiling water, boil for 2-3 minutes, then drain. Rinse and dry.
- TO COOK AND SERVE: Bring the Sake to boil over high heat.
- Sprinkle MSG, then drop in the clams, stir gently,and cover.
- Cook over moderately high heat for 3-4 minutes, then remove the clams and place in the shell.
- Garnish each clam with a slice of lemon.
- Serve at room temperature.