Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 Cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs; separated
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup butter; melted
- 1 1/2 Cups ham, ground; cooked
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and sugar; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, buttermilk, and butter; beat well, and add to flour mixture. Add ham, and stir well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron.
Serve with warm butter and maple syrup or, top wuth an egg, scrambled or sunnyside up.