Ham Quiche, made with broccoli is a delicious, wonderful recipe full of great flavors and ingredients. The subtle taste of quiche is ideal for a main course or appetizer.
- 1 pastry; for 9" quiche dish or pie
- 4 eggs; beaten
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 Cup ham, fully cooked; diced
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 Cup cheese, Cheddar; shredded
- 1 Cup cheese, Swiss, Gruyere preferred; shredded
- Line a 9" quiche dish or pie pan with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and gently prick with a fork. Bake 5 minutes longer. Let cool on rack.
- Combine eggs and cream and nutmeg; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in ham, broccoli and cheese.
- Pour into quiche shell, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool approximately 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Quiches are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch or a late night supper. For meals other than morning, serve with a cup of soup or salad. For breakfast, coffee, tea, or juice are perfect with a slice of quiche.