Ham Quiche, made with broccoli is a delicious, wonderful recipe full of great flavors and ingredients. The subtle taste of quiche is ideal for a main course or appetizer.
- 1 pastry; for 9" quiche dish or pie
- 4 eggs; beaten
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 Cup ham, fully cooked; diced
- 1 Cup broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 Cup cheese, Cheddar; shredded
- 1 Cup cheese, Swiss, Gruyere preferred; shredded
- Line a 9" quiche dish or pie pan with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and gently prick with a fork. Bake 5 minutes longer. Let cool on rack.
- Combine eggs and cream and nutmeg; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in ham, broccoli and cheese.
- Pour into quiche shell, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool approximately 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Quiches are great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch or a late night supper. For meals other than morning, serve with a cup of soup or salad. For breakfast, coffee, tea, or juice are perfect with a slice of quiche.
These are the lightest and most delicious rolls you'll ever taste. Irish Potato Yeast Rolls are a ni...
The verdant green of springtime is reflected in this flavorful Pistachio Cake. Ideal for afternoon t...
Moist, sweet and luscious are the first thoughts that will come to your palate, but visually, Singed...
Hot Sandwiches (Emparedados Calientes) are a Spanish treasure. Ideal for Tapas, lunch or dinner. T...