Ham Mousse Dijon
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Ham and Gammon
- 1 1/4 Cups water
- 1/4 Cup Vermouth
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste, diluted in a little water
- 1/2 Cup Dijon style mustard
- 1 pound finely chopped baked ham
- 2 Tablespoon Madeira wine
- 1 Cup heavy cream, whipped
- Combine water and vermouth. Mix in gelatin. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, cook onion in butter. Add chicken broth. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in gelatin mixture.
- In a blender or food processor, puree about 1/3 stock mixture. Add tomato paste, mustard, 2/3 ham and remaining stock mixture.
- Puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Mix in wine and remaining ham. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into an oiled mold. Chill several hours or overnight. Unmold. Garnish with watercress, if desired.