Make a chocolate, pumpkin, white, golden or even a carrot cake for this recipe. Always a treat, the more you decorate Halloween Pumpkin-Shaped Cake, the greater the praise from family and friends. Be creative!
- 2 packages cake mix, prepared
- 2 cans white frosting
- food coloring (red, green, yellow)
- 1 Hostess Ho-Ho (or similar cake-roll; snack item) or
- 1 ice cream cone (the short variety)
- licorice (in sheets, if possible) or dark chocolate frosting
- Prepare two cakes in bundt pans, cool completely.
- Color most of the frosting a deep orange, reserving about 1/2 cup, which should be colored black (you may also use dark chocolate fudge frosting).
- Place one bundt cake upside down (rounded side on the bottom) on cake plate; frost top only.
- Place second bundt cake flat-side down on top of first cake, making sure to line up the ribs.
- Frost entire cake with orange frosting, making up and down motions with spatula to simulate pumpkin, or, as shown, decorate as if the orange icing is poured over the cake.
- Insert Ho-Ho or inverted ice cream cone in the middle of the top of the bundt cake to make the stem.
- Use black frosting to make eyes, nose, mouth, etc.
- Black rope licorice may also be used.
The decorating possibilities are endless. The one photographed in the smaller picture above is a chocolate cake, with orange and green icing. We used a chocolate pudding to join the two cakes together, sprinkling a bit of simple syrup on the cake before joining the two pieces, and on the top piece before coating with the icing.
The larger cake is golden cake with pumpkin-orange frosting and much more decoration. As you can see, both fluted and plain bundt pans work perfectly.
Apple Bacon Quiche offers a wonderful combination of flavors and makes a great meal for lunch or din...
The freshness of the season is found in every bite of Farm Egg Salad. It brings the renewal of the ...
Molasses Pumpkin Pie is a sweet, wonderful choice for the Autumn season and perfect for holiday cook...
Apple-Raisin Stuffing is an incredible accompaniment to your holiday or weekend roast turkey or goos...