Guinness Black Bean Soup offers a rich, aromatic blend of deliciousness. Well suited for any occasion.
Guinness Black Bean Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Serves: 16 servings
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 12 Cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups diced carrots
- 3 to 4 bottles Guinness Stout beer
- 1/2 Cup paste-style beef base
- 4 Cups ground corned beef
- 4 Cups black beans
- Brown bacon in oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add onions; cook until translucent and add garlic.
- Add water and beef paste, black beans, carrots, and corned beef; cook over medium heat until the beans are about half done.
- Add Guinness to soup and cook on low until beans are soft (you may have to add additional water).
- Season with salt and pepper.