Absolutely outstanding and unique, these charming breadsticks are wrapped with beef and fresh arugula, creating a flavorful appetizer suitable for all social occasions, complete with handle. Seriously delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef or beef tenderloin, cut into twenty-four 6-by-1 1/2 -inch strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 arugula leaves, stemmed
- 8 to 10 grissini (about 1/2 inch thick) or breadsticks
- Remoulade Sauce
- Make the grissini oil: In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until golden. Using a slotted spoon, discard the garlic slices; let the garlic oil cool completely.
- Spread the roast beef strips on a work surface and lightly brush them with the garlic oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover each beef strip with an arugula leaf slightly larger than the strip. Roll 1 beef strip tightly around 1 end of each breadstick. Arrange on a platter and serve with the Remoulade sauce.
- Prepare the Remoulade just before serving.
- The assembled grissini can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
- Wrap the platter in plastic wrap to avoid the meat dehydrating or picking up flavors from other foods.
Diane's Spanish Omelet is a California variation of the traditional recipe by Diane Rossen Worthingt...
Delightful, our recipe for Coleslaw is especially tasty with Barbecue. Great on sandwiches or as a s...
This slightly sour Hungarian Cherry Soup tastes best in the warmth of spring and summer and is easy ...
Southwest Honey Barbecue Spareribs includes a spicy, sweet and deliciously sticky BBQ sauce perfect ...