Absolutely outstanding and unique, these charming breadsticks are wrapped with beef and fresh arugula, creating a flavorful appetizer suitable for all social occasions, complete with handle. Seriously delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef or beef tenderloin, cut into twenty-four 6-by-1 1/2 -inch strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 arugula leaves, stemmed
- 8 to 10 grissini (about 1/2 inch thick) or breadsticks
- Remoulade Sauce
- Make the grissini oil: In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until golden. Using a slotted spoon, discard the garlic slices; let the garlic oil cool completely.
- Spread the roast beef strips on a work surface and lightly brush them with the garlic oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover each beef strip with an arugula leaf slightly larger than the strip. Roll 1 beef strip tightly around 1 end of each breadstick. Arrange on a platter and serve with the Remoulade sauce.
- Prepare the Remoulade just before serving.
- The assembled grissini can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
- Wrap the platter in plastic wrap to avoid the meat dehydrating or picking up flavors from other foods.
Baked Potatoes Florentine, stuffed with a spinach and mushroom mixture, are fancy enough for a dinne...
A tasty mix, Orrechiete with Autumn Vegetables, heralds the flavors of the Autumn season, this dish ...
Breakfast on the railroad used to be one of America's finest meals, including Union Pacific Apple Pa...
Spicy Lamb Samosas can be very spicy indeed, but brighten the palate with every exciting bite. Keep ...