Absolutely outstanding and unique, these charming breadsticks are wrapped with beef and fresh arugula, creating a flavorful appetizer suitable for all social occasions, complete with handle. Seriously delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef or beef tenderloin, cut into twenty-four 6-by-1 1/2 -inch strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 24 arugula leaves, stemmed
- 8 to 10 grissini (about 1/2 inch thick) or breadsticks
- Remoulade Sauce
- Make the grissini oil: In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat until golden. Using a slotted spoon, discard the garlic slices; let the garlic oil cool completely.
- Spread the roast beef strips on a work surface and lightly brush them with the garlic oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover each beef strip with an arugula leaf slightly larger than the strip. Roll 1 beef strip tightly around 1 end of each breadstick. Arrange on a platter and serve with the Remoulade sauce.
- Prepare the Remoulade just before serving.
- The assembled grissini can be refrigerated for up to 1 hour.
- Wrap the platter in plastic wrap to avoid the meat dehydrating or picking up flavors from other foods.
The French really don't cook with blueberries as do the British and Americans, however Blueberry Cla...
Greek and Russian Orthodox Christians differ in many things, but both treasure their special Easter ...
Basic Hamburgers provide the foundation for amazing burger combinations. You'll love the flavor poss...
Yellow Tomato Concasse is used as a sauce with seafood or pasta. It is a simple, coarse sauce that'...