Grilled Vegetable Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing is a wholesome, tasty and healthful recipe best served as either a salad or vegetable main course. Simply delightful.
- 8 Tablespoons well-shaken cultured buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 4 to 12 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives, mint, and/or Italian parsley, optional
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 Cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 Cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced radishes
- Whisk together the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, whisk in rice vinegar, garlic powder, and herbs. Refrigerate until serving and up to 3 days.
- Makes enough for one salad.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- To prepare salad, cook beans, peas, and carrots in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Place mixture in a large bowl, and add onion slices. Lightly coat vegetable mixture with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt; gently toss to coat.
- Place vegetable mixture in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place grilling basket on grill rack, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 salad plates. Divide the grilled vegetables and radishes evenly among servings. Serve 1/4 cup dressing with each salad.
Diane's Spanish Omelet is a California variation of the traditional recipe by Diane Rossen Worthingt...
At New Year's Eve, there are few things more special than Blini with Caviar and Creme Fraiche.
Absolutely wonderful, Artichoke and Bacon Frittata combines the delicious flavors of bacon and artic...
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake is a heaven-sent dessert of outrageously delicious flavor. It ...