Grilled Vegetable Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing is a wholesome, tasty and healthful recipe best served as either a salad or vegetable main course. Simply delightful.
- 8 Tablespoons well-shaken cultured buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, optional
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 4 to 12 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives, mint, and/or Italian parsley, optional
- 1/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 Cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 Cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 Cup thinly sliced radishes
- Whisk together the buttermilk and mayonnaise. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, whisk in rice vinegar, garlic powder, and herbs. Refrigerate until serving and up to 3 days.
- Makes enough for one salad.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- To prepare salad, cook beans, peas, and carrots in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Place mixture in a large bowl, and add onion slices. Lightly coat vegetable mixture with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic salt; gently toss to coat.
- Place vegetable mixture in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray. Place grilling basket on grill rack, and grill 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Arrange 1 1/2 cups of lettuce on each of 4 salad plates. Divide the grilled vegetables and radishes evenly among servings. Serve 1/4 cup dressing with each salad.
Simply wonderful, Holiday Turkey with Apple-Pear Stuffing is perfect for Autumn or Winter holidays a...
Greek restaurants prepare a larger version of the Gyro, which is cooked on a vertical rotisserie, of...
Full of candied citron, raisins and rich bread, Panettone Bread Pudding with Spiced Orange Sauce mak...
Parsnip and Apple Casserole is a glorious British dish that's perfect for Thanksgiving celebrations ...