Visions of tropical nights with swaying palm trees will appear before your eyes with the first taste of Grilled Vanilla Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet. A simple, yet incredible dessert.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into 1-inch thick wedges*
- 2 Tablespoons clarified unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons dark rum
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 Tablespoons simple syrup (1:1)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Coconut sorbet
- toasted coconut flakes
- * You should have at least 8 wedges.
- Heat a grill to at least 350 degrees. Brush clarified butter on the wedges and grill them to create scorch marks. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a saute pan, mix rum, syrup and vanilla. Bring to a simmer and reduce by one quarter. Add remaining clarified butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pineapple wedges and glaze thoroughly. Warm through. Add the unsalted butter and swirl until melted.
- Scoop one portion of coconut sorbet (1 ice cream scoop) into each of 4 bowls.
- Place two pineapple wedges in the bowl. Add a tablespoonful of the sauce. Garnish with coconut flakes. Serve immediately.
Rich, flavorful and creamy, Cinnamon Rice Pudding is an exceptional recipe of great delicacy and tas...
Served with a delicious rice pilaf and a sweet salad made with fresh herbs, this is an extraordinari...
Balsamic reduction is often made by chefs to add a unique flavor to sauces, meats or other dishes. ...
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast is one of our new favorites. Rich, full of luscious flavors and deli...