Visions of tropical nights with swaying palm trees will appear before your eyes with the first taste of Grilled Vanilla Pineapple with Coconut Sorbet. A simple, yet incredible dessert.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored, cut into 1-inch thick wedges*
- 2 Tablespoons clarified unsalted butter
- 4 Tablespoons dark rum
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 Tablespoons simple syrup (1:1)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Coconut sorbet
- toasted coconut flakes
- * You should have at least 8 wedges.
- Heat a grill to at least 350 degrees. Brush clarified butter on the wedges and grill them to create scorch marks. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a saute pan, mix rum, syrup and vanilla. Bring to a simmer and reduce by one quarter. Add remaining clarified butter and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pineapple wedges and glaze thoroughly. Warm through. Add the unsalted butter and swirl until melted.
- Scoop one portion of coconut sorbet (1 ice cream scoop) into each of 4 bowls.
- Place two pineapple wedges in the bowl. Add a tablespoonful of the sauce. Garnish with coconut flakes. Serve immediately.
Sweet, sultry, delectable and seductive are words that come to mind with the first bite of Banana Sp...
Real men do eat quiche; especially these mini ones. Full of rich, delicious flavor and so easy to ma...
Watermelon Pizza is a luscious salad that's a fun, fabulous and fancy feast full of fantastic flavor...
Baked Broccoli is an outrageously tasty vegetable side dish with a unique sauce that adds more flavo...