Grilled Tuna with Spiced Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 4 tuna steaks (fillets) approximately; 8 ounces each
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno or serrano chili peppers, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced or ginger powder
- Place softened butter in mixing bowl and beat till fluffy.
- Blend in the cilantro, chili, garlic, and ginger.
- Spoon dollops of butter mixture onto waxed paper and refrigerate ahead of time for readied individual servings. Refrigerate.
- Place fish on rack 3 inches from mesquite coals.
- Grill fish about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place dollops of spiced butter on the finished fillet, or warm the spiced butter and spoon over the cooked steaks.
Source: Mesquite Cookery by John 'Boog' Powell