The rich flavor of grilled tuna pairs perfectly with the delightful sensation of Tomato Basil Butter. An ideal meal for your weekend grilling.
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Tomato Basil Butter
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- Tomato Basil butter:
- 1/4 Cup butter; softened
- 1 Tablespoon finely-chopped shallots
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves)
- 1 Tablespoon finely-chopped sun-dried-tomatoes in oil
- Tuna Steaks:
- 6 tuna steaks, 1" to 1 1/2" thick (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves; for garnish
- Tomato Basil Butter: Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Tuna Steaks: Place vinegar in shallow glass or plastic dish. Add fish, turning to coat with vinegar. Cover and refrigerate, turning once, at least 15 minutes but no longer then 1-hour.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Drain fish; discard vinegar. Cover and grill fish 4 inches from medium heat 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until fish is cooked to your preference. Tuna cooked medium-rare is considered best by most chefs.
- Immediately top each fish steak with Tomato Basil Butter.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
An ideal recipe for your outdoor or indoor grill, and perfect for late Spring through mid-Autumn.
Serve with a dry or fruity white wine, but preferably not a sweet wine.