Grilled Tuna Fish with Avocado and Tomato Salsa
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green chilli (or to taste)
- 1 ripe, firm avocado
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tuna steaks, cut from the belly
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 Tablespoon coriander leaves
- 2 lemons or limes
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, pepper and chilli and place in a bowl. Cut the avocado in half and, with your hand wrapped in a tea towel for protection, hold the half with the stone in it. Lightly tap the stone with a sharp knife so that the blade lodges in the stone. Twist the knife and the stone should come away easily.
- Slice the flesh from both halves into chunks and add to the chopped ingredients. Pour over a generous amount of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Grill the tuna steaks for two minutes on each side, or longer if you don't want them too underdone.
- Remember that the fish will continue cooking a little even when you remove it from the heat. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and allow to rest in a warm oven.
- To serve, divide the salsa equally on four plates, place the tuna steaks on top, sprinkle with the chives and coriander and serve with half a lemon or lime.