Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 small whole fish (about 1 pound each), cleaned
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- 12 sprigs thyme
- Prepare hot coals for grilling.
- Cut 3 crosswise diagonal slits, about 1/2 inch deep and 2 inches apart, in each side of fish; don't cut down to bone.
- Sprinkle the fish lightly with salt and pepper, and rub it into the slits.
- Thinly slice the lemon; place 1 slice and 1 sprig of thyme in each slit.
- Wrap each fish in aluminum foil. Grill the fish over high heat turning once, until the flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.