The flavors of this incredible pork tenderloin are intense, rich, deep and spicy. The softer papaya salsa pairs well, creating a bonanza of taste for the palate.
Grilled Tenderloin of Pork with Papaya Salsa
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Main, Entree
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3/4 Cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 oven-roasted garlic cloves, slivered
- Papaya salsa (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 Cups jalapeño pepper jelly
- 3 ripe papayas, average size, diced
- 6 Tablespoons each cilantro, mint, chopped
- 3/4 Cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons each yellow and red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons each lime juice, lime zest
- Mix chipotle powder, paprika, cilantro, thyme, lime juice, orange rind and oil in blender or food processor.
- Stud pork with garlic slivers; coat with rub. Grill to internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice on diagonal and serve with salsa.
- Heat jelly until melted.
- Off heat, mix in remaining ingredients.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Makes 6 Cups