You’ll find Grilled Shrimp with Blackberry Barbecue Sauce to be a perfect main course or appetizer for summertime. It makes a great dinner or lunch and the flavor’s spectacular.
- 1/2 pound fresh blackberries
- 1/4 Cup red onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 Tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sambal oelek*
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 strips bacon strips, halved
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, veined
- To make the sauce, in a food processor, purée the blackberries, onion, barbecue sauce, chutney, vinegar, sugar, sambal and lemon juice. Pass through a fine sieve to remove the blackberry seeds.
- Wrap bacon strips around each shrimp. Thread onto skewers, 6 shrimp per skewer. If using wood or bamboo skewers, make sure they've been soaked in water for at least 20 minutes prior to use.
- To cook, place the shrimp over a hot fire and grill, basting often with the sauce, until the bacon is cooked (the shrimp will be done as well).
Cordon Bleu Casserole is a simple, easy to prepare dish that makes a wonderful, flavor-filled dish t...
The bounty of flavor in Sweet Potatoes and Apples is exceptional in every way. It's a must-try dish...
Thai Curry Ice Cream pairs two of Thai cuisine's favorite flavors, a mild curry with peanut butter, ...
Fresh or frozen berries are perfect in Berry Cobbler, a simple, easy to prepare dessert that everyon...