You’ll find Grilled Shrimp with Blackberry Barbecue Sauce to be a perfect main course or appetizer for summertime. It makes a great dinner or lunch and the flavor’s spectacular.
- 1/2 pound fresh blackberries
- 1/4 Cup red onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 Tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sambal oelek*
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 strips bacon strips, halved
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, veined
- To make the sauce, in a food processor, purée the blackberries, onion, barbecue sauce, chutney, vinegar, sugar, sambal and lemon juice. Pass through a fine sieve to remove the blackberry seeds.
- Wrap bacon strips around each shrimp. Thread onto skewers, 6 shrimp per skewer. If using wood or bamboo skewers, make sure they've been soaked in water for at least 20 minutes prior to use.
- To cook, place the shrimp over a hot fire and grill, basting often with the sauce, until the bacon is cooked (the shrimp will be done as well).
The pairing of flavors in Honey Thyme Ice Cream yields incredible taste sensations for the palate, a...
Exceptionally rich and flavorful, takes its name from Gianduja, a carnival and marionette character ...
The spicy nature of the crust in Beef Tenderloin with Peppercorn and Mustard Seed Crust adds a new d...
Clove, Cinnamon and Chocolate Cookies are packed with delightful flavors. Cinnamon and cloves pair w...