It’s glamorous, and delicious; Grilled Shrimp Salad Sandwiches with Fontina and Watercress is nutritious. Grilled shrimp makes a glorious sandwich for lunch or dinner. Just a grand meal.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 box (approximately 5 ounces) shrimp boil
- 1 pound white shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mixed minced fresh herbs, such as tarragon, basil, chervil, sage or thyme
- lemon juice to taste
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 loaf country bread
- olive oil as needed
- 1/2 pound Fontina cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, picked
- Bring water to a simmer; add shrimp boil then shrimp; cook until just done. Plunge into ice bath. Peel, vein, and chop shrimp. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, herbs and lemon juice; mix well. Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Slice bread into 8 (1/4-inch) slices. Brush one side with olive oil; season lightly with salt. Place slices, olive oil-side down, on sheet tray. Top each with a slice of cheese. Add a sliced tomato to four. On the other four, portion out salad.
- Season watercress with olive oil and lemon juice; set aside.
- Grill bread, oil side down, over a medium flame until cheese melts (alternatively, toast in a convection oven). Place watercress on shrimp, then cover with remaining tomato and cheese.
The marvelous international flavors of Any Season Salad make it at home in Tuscany, Tijuana, or Toky...
Award Winner Brownie recipe is packed with richness, and a deep, rich, nutty flavor everyone will en...
The richness and smoky oak characteristics of Bourbon makes a perfect flavoring for a luscious ice c...
Cinnamon-Scented Apple Noodle Kugel is an exceptional dessert, perfect for Autumn and Winter seasons...