Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Shellfish
- 4 scallops
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic
- GREGYN CYLCHOG WEDI'U GRILIO
- Peel and boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Place the scallops in a pan in a warm oven (325/F or Mark 3) until the shells open.
- Remove the black part and gristly fibre leaving the red coral intact.
- Place the scallops in an ovenproof dish, add salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Clean the rounded shells.
- Drain the potatoes and cream with 1 oz butter and the milk.
- Pipe or fork a border of potato around the edges of the shells. Place a scallop in the centre of each shell.
- Skin and crush the garlic. Heat the butter, oil and garlic and pour over the scallops.
- Garnish with parsley.
These may be served with crisply fried bacon.