Grilled Pound Cake with Berries is a simple, easy way to make a quick summer dessert. Perfect for entertaining or a family after dinner treat.
Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
Use a frozen or premade commercial pound cake for this.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 pound cake (Sara Lee frozen or Entenmann's), sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed, drained
- 1/4 Cup sugar, granulated
- 1 Tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 Cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl, add quartered and halved strawberries, sugar, Grand Marnier and water. Toss gently but thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. Sugar grains should be dissolved.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. Whip until stiff peaks are formed. Refrigerate.
- Grill the pound cake slices on a preheated grill. Make hash marks on the cake on at least one surface. (Two is not necessary.)
- On a plate, set one or two slices of pound cake (depending on the number of servings). Spoon some of the berries over the cake. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.