This glorious sandwich is simple to prepare, flavor rich and has the great added flavor of goat cheese, adding protein. Fun and filling, it makes a wonderful lunch.
Grilled Portobello Sandwich
A delicious sandwich that makes a perfect lunch.
Author: Peter Schonman
Recipe type: Sandwiches, Vegetables
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium eggplant, 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, sliced into wide strips
- 8 ounces prepared Italian dressing
- 4 focaccia bread portions
- 6 ounces goat cheese log, sliced
- Place mushrooms, eggplant, onion and red pepper on baking sheet; pour Italian dressing over; let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill vegetables on both sides until tender; cool slightly.
- Slice focaccia portions in half.
- Build sandwich by layering vegetables then goat cheese rounds.