Grilled Portobello Sandwich with Goat Cheese and Green Sauce is the kind of dish that can tempt the most ardent carnivore to try a veggie dish. Outrageously delish.
Assemble the sandwich with baby lettuce, grilled red onions, more goat cheese, roasted peppers and anything else you’d like. Be creative. This recipe is an open canvas awaiting your talents.
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 8 ounces goat cheese; sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup baby spinach
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 roasted cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Puree sauce ingredients in a blender.
- Rub mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill rib side down first for four minutes.
- Turn over and spoon sauce over Portobello while on grill and continue to grill for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add slices of goat cheese, touch with a little bit more of the green sauce.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly.
Served as a side dish, Celery Root, Carrot and Pear Remoulade has a refreshing flavor you will truly...
Baby-Back Ribs with Mostarda and Espresso Barbecue Sauce is an incredible Italian dish, with two ama...
Vegetable Lo Mein is one of the easiest dishes for a beginner to make. The mastery comes in correctl...
No-Knead Applesauce Bread is a simple, round, crusty bread of delightful flavor. It's easy to make a...