Escoffier’s classic dessert was created for Australian singer Nellie Melba, but today it reaches new heights with grilled peaches. Grilling creates a naturally caramelized sugar and amazing flavor in this simple, wonderful treat.
- 4 Cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 Cup white rum, vanilla flavored
- 1/2 Cup sugar, granulated
- 4 peaches, preferably freestone
- salted butter, melted, as needed
- 1/2 gallon premium French vanilla ice cream
- Cook raspberries, rum and sugar over low heat till sugar is dissolved. Purée in food processor; strain, transfer to bowl and chill.
- Blanch peaches for 1 minute in boiling water, drop in ice water to stop cooking; peel (skin should slide off easily) and cut in half, discarding pits and any remaining stems.
- Lightly brush insides of peach halves with melted butter. Place peaches on grill, buttered-sides down; grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, place scoop of ice cream in serving dish. Serve with grilled peach along side or, place peach on the plate and add a quenelle of ice cream to the peach; finish with raspberry sauce.
Moussaka is an important staple of Greek cookery for many centuries. Delicious lamb is covered by a ...
Sumptuous, bubbling goodness are words that come to mind with this simple All-in-One Tuna Casserole....
The quintessential recipe for the perfect American BBQ Cheeseburgers. Ideal for summer entertaining....
Served with clotted cream or rich creamery butter, Cranberry Chocolate Scones make a great addition ...