Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Grilling
- 32 medium mushrooms (fresh) 1 to 2" diameter
- 4 to 6 skewers wood or bamboo (may use steel)
- olive oil
- onion salt or
- garlic salt or
- your choice of seasoning
- 1. If using bamboos skewers (recommended) soak them in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Separate the mushrooms into the number of servings that you need and thread each group onto a skewer.
- Brush olive oil onto the mushrooms and sprinkle with the seasoning that is your preference.
- Grill over 7 to 12 minutes over medium coals turning frequently.
- Serve hot.
If making this recipe as a meat substitute, make a simple soy or Worstershire dressing for extraordinary results.
We tried putting squares of red or Bermuda onion between the mushrooms with very favorable results.[br][br]This flexible recipe allows you to experiment with multiple variations and combinations with the mushrooms.[br][br]We have tried bacon (rolled), zucchini, yellow squash, red peppers, corn (sliced about 1 inch thick), different varieties of mushrooms and even beef.