Grilled Lamb Chops with Currant Herb Sauce offers a dynamic and complex combination of flavors, giving the dish marvelous appeal. Lamb pairs so well with many fruits and berries. Currants are particularly good with any lamb dish as they possess a sweet, tangy taste that enhances the meat’s flavors. Grilling adds a superb caramelization to this combination.
- 1 jar currant jelly (12 to 13 ounce)
- 1/4 Cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 12 lamb loin or rib chops, 1" thick
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees).
- In a small saucepan, stir jelly, mustard, vinegar, rosemary and thyme over low heat just until jelly melts. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce to brush on chops after grilling.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Grill until medium-rare or medium doneness, about 4 minutes a side. Brush chops with sauce just before removing from grill. Serve with remaining sauce.
The delicacy of our Pineapple Salmon Burger cannot be underestimated. It is a gift from the seas an...
Savory Peas and Spinach Saute is a simple, delicious blending of vegetables that makes a glorious si...
Every bite of Cappuccino Truffles provides a delicious delight to the palate. Soft, creamy and enli...
Cherry Clafoutis is an extraordinary country French dessert using fresh cherries to create a light a...