While this recipe is considerably better on an outdoor grill, it works well in the microwave. The marinade adds tangy flavor to the tuna, creating a seriously wonderful meal.
- 1/3 Cup dry Sherry
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 milliliters garlic minced
- 1 pound tuna steaks cut into 4 steaks
- Combine sherry, gingerroot, soy sauce, honey and garlic in a 1 cup glass measure. Microwave uncovered at high 1 minute or until mixture boils. Cool slightly.
- Place tuna in an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Pour marinade over tuna. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Remove tuna from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Preheat a 10 inch browning skillet at high for 8 minutes.
- Arrange tuna on hot browning skillet with thickest portions to the outside.
- Microwave uncovered at high for 2 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and baste with marinade.
- Microwave at high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Let stand covered 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm marinade. (May also grilled outdoors.)
Served here over a blend of rice and spinach.
Balsamic reduction is often made by chefs to add a unique flavor to sauces, meats or other dishes. ...
Italian Fish Soup is the perfect potage for the devoutly religious holy day known as Good Friday whe...
For a delightful start to your dinner, try Cold Noodles in Soy Soup (Kong-Guksu). The flavors are in...
Baked Apples with Fruit and Nuts is a superb dessert to end a wonderful meal. The combination of app...