While this recipe is considerably better on an outdoor grill, it works well in the microwave. The marinade adds tangy flavor to the tuna, creating a seriously wonderful meal.
- 1/3 Cup dry Sherry
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 milliliters garlic minced
- 1 pound tuna steaks cut into 4 steaks
- Combine sherry, gingerroot, soy sauce, honey and garlic in a 1 cup glass measure. Microwave uncovered at high 1 minute or until mixture boils. Cool slightly.
- Place tuna in an 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Pour marinade over tuna. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Remove tuna from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Preheat a 10 inch browning skillet at high for 8 minutes.
- Arrange tuna on hot browning skillet with thickest portions to the outside.
- Microwave uncovered at high for 2 minutes.
- Turn steaks over and baste with marinade.
- Microwave at high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Let stand covered 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm marinade. (May also grilled outdoors.)
Served here over a blend of rice and spinach.
Simple, refined, yet wonderfully comforting, these skewered mushrooms are an ideal accompaniment to ...
Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza makes an exceptional meal. The delicious flavors blend into one deligh...
As soon as Spring has sprung, dandelion greens make a comeback, which is great for White Bean and Ha...
Maple candies with peanut butter? You bet and Maple Buckeyes are absolutely wonderful. Shhh - the ch...