In grilling season, Grilled Fruit Skewers with Spicy Maple-Cumin Glaze is one incredible, enjoyable dish. Serve it as an appetizer, a side dish or a dessert and surprise friends and family with a unique treat. Use firm, ripe fruit. We’ve tried it with plums, strawberries, mango, peaches, nectarines, pear, apple, banana, kiwi and pineapple.
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 Cups fruit chunks (such as pineapple, peaches, plums and bananas)
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water; set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne in a medium bowl; mix well. Add fruit; toss gently to coat with glaze. Cover; refrigerate.
- Thread the fruit on the soaked skewers, alternating fruit types. Place skewers on grill; cook directly over medium-high heat, 1 1/2 minutes per side or until browned and caramelized. Serve warm.