In grilling season, Grilled Fruit Skewers with Spicy Maple-Cumin Glaze is one incredible, enjoyable dish. Serve it as an appetizer, a side dish or a dessert and surprise friends and family with a unique treat. Use firm, ripe fruit. We’ve tried it with plums, strawberries, mango, peaches, nectarines, pear, apple, banana, kiwi and pineapple.
- 1/2 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 4 Cups fruit chunks (such as pineapple, peaches, plums and bananas)
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water; set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne in a medium bowl; mix well. Add fruit; toss gently to coat with glaze. Cover; refrigerate.
- Thread the fruit on the soaked skewers, alternating fruit types. Place skewers on grill; cook directly over medium-high heat, 1 1/2 minutes per side or until browned and caramelized. Serve warm.
Apple and pork are a perfect pairing, each complementing the other's flavor and texture. Braised Po...
One of the best Thai soups, Chicken Soup with Lemon and Ginger is extraordinarily flavorful, aromati...
The exceptional qualities of Normandy Roast Duck reflect the best of English and Norman cuisines wit...
Perfect for holiday entertaining, Bayerische Vanillecreme is a luscious recipe that is absolutely ir...