Simple, delicious, easy to prepare, colorful and full of flavor, you cannot go wrong making Grilled Flank Steak with Summer Vegetables for your family any summertime weekend. A gem!
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 Cup basil leaves, stemmed (loosely packed)
- 4 medium tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4-inch thick)
- Squeeze 2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice into a large, shallow dish.
- Peel and mince the garlic, and add it to the lemon juice with 5 Tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the flank steak to the dish, turn once in the marinade, and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mince the basil.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and put them in a flat dish with the remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the basil and salt and pepper; set aside. Trim and cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat the grill. Season the meat with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
- Brush the zucchini and the bread with the remaining meat marinade and place on grill.
- Grill the meat, zucchini and bread for 3 minutes. Turn, and grill for 3 minutes more, until the meat is medium-rare, zucchini is crisp-tender, and bread is toasted.
- Slice the meat thinly across the grain.
- Arrange the meat, zucchini, bread, and tomato slices on individual serving plates.
- Spoon any meat juices (from the carving board) over the meat and bread.
- Serve immediately.
Acorn Squash with Apple Stuffing is an astounding side dish for your holiday table or any weekend me...
One of the most interesting of its genre, Cream of Sweet Potato Soup exemplifies the glories of Sout...
Dandelion Pasta Salad is one of the nicest pasta salads we ever made, with a spicy, mustard flavor t...
Avgolemono Soup is a rich pairing of lemon, egg and rice that's delicious and filling. It brings a t...