The rich flavors of Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Western BBQ Sauce to make a most delightful, elegant meal from the grill. Superb eating for family or guests.
Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Western BBQ Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Beef
- 1 whole beef tenderloin, unpeeled (5 to 6 pounds)
- Western BBQ Sauce (recipe follows)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Western BBQ Sauce:
- 1 3/4 Cups white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- Trim off excess fat. Cover heavily with salt and pepper. Brush tenderloin with Western BBQ Sauce. Over high heat, sear the tenderloin well on both sides for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the grill, push the coals over to one side.
- Replace the meat over the side with no coals. Cover and vent the grill. Continue to cook for 30 minutes while basting with BBQ Sauce for medium rare.
Ideal for summer entertaining.
Serve with grilled or fried onions and grilled vegetables. Goes well with fried steakhouse potatoes served with a horseradish sauce, on the side.