Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto with Shaved Pecorino is an incredible appetizer and a perfect side dish. You will love it.
Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto with Shaved Pecorino
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 12 medium asparagus spears, tough end removed
- 2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 12 thinly shaved pieces of Pecorino Romano cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl. Add the capers and parsley and season with black pepper.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill the asparagus, brushed with olive oil.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each spear and place on a platter.
- Drizzle with lemon-caper vinaigrette and top with the cheese.