The wonders of Green Salad with Olives, Manchego and Romesco Sauce denote flavors that exemplify the best of Spanish cuisine.
Green Salad with Olives, Manchego and Romesco Sauce
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Salads
- 12 Cups bitter salad greens, such as frisee, curly endive, or escarole
- 3/4 Cup Romesco Sauce; more if you like
- 12 good-quality anchovy fillets, rinsed under cold water and patted dry (optional)
- 1 ounce manchego or another aged Spanish cheese, such as Mahon, shaved with a peeler
- 1/2 Cup brine-cured black olives, such as kalamatas or nicoise, or dry-cured Moroccan black olives, rinsed and drained
- roasted red peppers or pimiento, drained
- Put the greens in a salad bowl or on a platter.
- Toss with the Romesco Sauce to lightly coat (add more if necessary). You may also spread the sauce on the plate instead of tossing, for more visual appeal.
- Arrange the anchovies, if using, on top, add slices of roasted red pepper and sprinkle on shavings of cheese and the olives, or plate and garnish each serving individually.
- Have a pepper mill and extra Romesco Sauce on the table.