A wonderful cheese spread that’s full of flavor and quite a pleasure at parties or as an appetizer course at the table with crackers.
Green Oaks Cheese Spread
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound jar sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound soft butter
- 1/4 Cup dry sherry
- 2 Tablespoons dry vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops to 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Mix cheese with butter until thoroughly blended. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Pack in a crock, cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature to serve with crackers.