The incredible simplicity of Green Garden Soup belies the outstanding flavors and luscious texture found in every spoonful. Exceptionally delicious.
Green Garden Soup
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1/2 pound white or red potato
- 1 green onion; chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups homemade chicken stock
- 14 ounces fresh spinach; trimmed, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh dill; minced
- 1/2 Cup half and half
- salt and freshly ground pepper; to taste
- Peel potato and cut into chunks.
- Put potato and onions in a medium saucepan with chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach and dill.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half. Add more half-and-half, stock, or water if soup is too thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.