These delicious chicken and cheese-filled Enchiladas are outstanding smothered in our superb Salsa Verde.
Author: Epicurus.com Kitchens
- 2 Cups basic Salsa Verde; *
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 10 flour or corn tortillas; **
- 3 Cups cooked chicken; shredded
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese; shredded
- sour cream
- * See Salsa Verde for recipe.
- ** Tortillas should be 6-inches in diameter and should be warm.
- Prepare basic green sauce and stir in the 1 cup of sour cream.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dip each tortilla into the sauce to coat both sides.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the shredded chicken onto each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam sides down in a 13 X 9 X 2-inch ungreased baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Warm tortillas in the microwave, one at a time to soften. Usually 30 seconds will do the trick, depending on your microwave.